Cedar Shingle Siding

Cedar Shake Shingle Siding

Cedar shingle siding is a classic and timeless choice for home exteriors that exudes rustic charm and natural beauty. Crafted from real cedar wood, these shingles are known for their ability to weather gracefully over time, transforming from a warm, reddish-brown hue to a soft, silvery-gray patina. This evolution not only adds character to a home but also enhances its curb appeal.

Cedar Siding Benefits

Cedar shingle siding offers exceptional insulation and durability, making it a practical choice for various climates. Its natural resistance to decay, insects, and moisture ensures longevity, reducing the need for frequent maintenance. Whether adorning a coastal cottage, a countryside retreat, or a modern urban dwelling, cedar shingle siding remains a quintessential architectural element, marrying tradition with durability and eco-friendliness in perfect harmony.

What Makes Cedar Special?

Cedar is one of the most beautiful and durable natural building materials in the roofing industry. Available in a wide variety of sizes and grades, it’s known for its long life, durability, warm natural hues, and pleasant aroma.  It’s used for cedar roofing, siding, desks, furniture, interior walls, and more. When used outdoors, cedar blends with its surrounding landscape and makes a beautiful accent with an authentic appearance that’s pleasing to homeowners.

Volpe Enterprises uses 100% sustainable, high-quality, all-natural cedar shakes and shingles on all of our cedar projects, giving your home the highest protection possible. 

What are Cedar Shakes?

Cedar shakes are made of cedar wood that has been hand-split to replicate the look of an axe or mallet cut. Cedar wood shakes are rough in appearance and variable in size, giving them a rustic look.

Cedar wood shakes are irregular and do not lay flat when installed. This creates gaps, which, if installed incorrectly, can be penetrated by precipitation, so professional installation is a must.

What is Cedar Shingle Siding?

Cedar shingles deliver a classic, Cape Cod appearance. Cedar shingles are uniformly sawn for a consistent and even thickness. They provide a uniform, machined-like appearance, making them easier to install and more waterproof.  Cedar shingle siding creates a unique look on any home. 

Green Benefits of Cedar Shingle Siding

Whether you choose cedar shakes or shingles for your siding, you can be sure that you’re using a 100% sustainable, green product. In fact, it’s the only siding material that naturally replenishes itself.  

95% of each cedar tree harvested is turned into useful products, like cedar roofing shingles, while the remaining 5%, which is mostly branches, biodegrades into compost helpful for growing future trees. 

When a cedar roof has reached the end of its lifespan, the old wood is recyclable and can be turned into pleasant-smelling garden mulch. 

Cedar Shingle Siding Saves Energy

Because of its cellular structure, cedar wood is a great insulator.  Cedar Shingle Siding can help keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. You’ll need less energy to heat and cool your home, saving money in the long run. 

Is Cedar Siding Right For Your Home?

Choosing the right siding is important to your beautiful home. Cedar siding is a classic, unique look that will elevate your home’s style to the next level.  To learn more about how you can add the natural durability and beauty of cedar shingle siding to your home, contact us today.

Request A Siding Quote

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

I want to learn more about Volpe Enterprises, Inc. and schedule an in-home consultation. By submitting this form, Volpe Enterprises, Inc. may contact me about its services through various automated and recorded means including telephone, text, and email. For more information visit our privacy policy.

Our siding products will make your home stand out from the rest of the house and provide protection and energy efficiency from the elements. Learn more.