Loosefill insulation, also called “blown-in” insulation, is made of virgin PINK fiber glass insulation. It’s used in new construction and in older existing homes, typically in hard-to-reach areas. Since fiber glass insulation is non-combustible and non-corrosive by nature.
PINK fiber glass loosefill insulation offers significant advantages over other loose fill insulation products.
- It will not settle or lose its energy-saving abilities over time.
- It does not require the addition of fire-retardant chemicals that can promote
corrosion of pipes or wires.
- It will not rot or decay, support fungus or mold growth, or provide
sustenance for insects or vermin
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation releases and expands completely inside the machine. As the insulation bounces its way up to your attic, it is further conditioned through the length of the hose, breaking it up and fluffing it, creating millions of tiny air pockets that give the material its insulating power.
- Easy clean-up because the machine does the work
No Settling, High-Value Retention:
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ insulation will not settle
- Keeps its energy saving R-value over time
Safe and Reliable:
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation is non-combustible and meets all building codes for non-combustibility.
- Non-corrosive. Doesn’t require fire-retardant chemicals which can leach out, promoting corrosion of pipes, electrical equipment or structural metal attachments.
- Doesn’t support mold growth. Inorganic glass fibers do not support fungus or mold growth. Will not rot or decay. (Fiber glass is resistant to mold growth, as tested per ASTM C 1338. However, mold growth can occur on building materials, including insulation, when it becomes contaminated with organic material and when water is present. To avoid mold growth on fiber glass insulation, remove any water that has accumulated and correct or repair the source of that water. Insulation that has become wet should be inspected for evidence of residual moisture and contamination. Contaminated insulation should be promptly removed and replaced.)
- Won’t absorb moisture. Moisture reduces insulation effectiveness. Glass fibers resist moisture build-up.
- AttiCat™ Expanding Blown-In PINK FIBERGLAS™ Insulation works on the principle of trapped air pockets. Tiny air pockets trapped in the insulation resist the passage of heat flow—heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer. Generally, the thicker the insulation, the more air pockets and the greater the insulating power.
- AttiCat™ Insulation is a great option for your arsenal of energy efficient housing ideas!